Yesterday when I woke up, I checked my email and to my surprise, there was a message that Tracey from Multiage Days nominated me for a Leibster Award! Thank you Tracey! I am excited that you found my blog!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s to show that new bloggers are appreciated and help spread the word about our little pieces of cyberspace.
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
1. I would love to go to S. Korea to teach.
2. I geocache when I get a chance.
3. I have 6 ukuleles.
4. I have 4 children, a husband, and a cat.
5. I am the tech contact at my school, but I am just learning about social media and it scares me.
6. I used to do many crafts, but lately, I find that I prefer to do technology related things.
7. I have always wanted to be a teacher.
8. I have just started going to a gym and working out with a personal trainer.
9. I am awaiting the arrival of my 5th grandchild after Christmas.
10. I work with my husband directing and teaching 5 ukulele groups.
11. I met my husband in high school.
1. What is your favorite comfort food? Chocolate
2. What is a song that always makes you happy when you hear it? Believe from Polar Express
3. What sound do you love? My cat purring beside me
4. If you could throw any kind of party, what kind would it be and who would it be for? I think I would do a geocaching party and it would be for my grandchildren.
5. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I think I would like to learn to do charcoal drawing. My daughter is incredible at it, but I would need lots of help.
6. If you could be any fictional character from a book you read aloud in your classroom, who would you be? I think I would like to be the Velveteen Rabbit.
7. What is one chore that you dislike the most? laundry
8. Who do you admire most in your life? This is really hard, because I admire many people. I think I will choose my children because they are not afraid to follow their dreams and make them reality.
9. When your school days are over, where do you want to retire? Wherever my family is.
10. When you have 30 minutes to yourself, what do you like to do? visit sites and blogs on the computer
11. What is something that you treasure? my gifts from my children and grandchildren - photos, scrapbooks, special jewelry
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Blog award.
The Happy Teacher
Raki's Rad Resources
Yay Third Grade!
Charmed in Third Grade
Darling Little Learners
Mrs. P's Ed Tech Talk
The Teched Out Teacher
Teacher Gone Digital
Inspired Writing Teacher
1. What is one of the craziest lessons you have ever taught?
2. If you could teach anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?
4. What do you do to stay motivated at report card time?
5. What kinds of incentives do you use with your students?
6. What are the different grades you have taught?
7. Do you participate in any outside groups?
8. What do you do just for you?
9. Have you ever had a different career?
10.What is your favorite subject to teach?
11. What technology do you use in the classroom?